The following recall notice has been issued by the manufacturer:
As the leading white goods manufacturer, Hotpoint continually monitors the specification and performance of its products. Through this approach, we have identified that there is a low risk that modules fitted to a limited number of Hotpoint FDW20 / FDW60 / FDW65A dishwashers manufactured between June 2006 and May 2008 and sold in the United Kingdom may cause overheating and in rare cases a potential fire hazard.
What to do
To check if you own an affected product:
- When checking firstly as a precaution, make sure it is turned off and disconnected from the wall socket.
- Check the model and serial number of your Hotpoint dishwasher. These can be found on a sticker on the inside of the door as outlined below.
- If your product is affected please call our dedicated Customer Service line 08448 910094.
- Or you can contact us via a dedicated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will arrange to visit your home and make a free of charge repair.
While you are waiting for an engineer visit we recommend you do not leave the dishwasher unattended whilst in use.